SOP - Mutual Aid
Purpose of the Plan
- To provide for rapid systematic
mobilization, organization, and operation of necessary fire and
rescue resources in mitigating the effects of extraordinary
events. Local officials will maintain fire and rescue resources
consistent with anticipated needs.
- To provide an annually-updated fire and
rescue inventory of all personnel, apparatus, and
- No community has resources sufficient
to cope with any and all emergencies for which potential
- Fire and rescue officials must pre-plan
emergency operations to ensure efficient utilization of available
The following policies form the basis of
the Paradise City Fire Department Mutual Aid Plan. This Plan
presupposes that all member departments provide the ability to handle
normal incidents for their city or district. Each jurisdiction shall
make a major commitment of its own resources before calling mutual
- Resources respond to the jurisdiction
requiring mutual aid as requested in one or more of the following
- Single Resource - Any single fire
- Alarm Assignment - Two Engines, one
Truck, one Chief Officer.
- Strike Team - Five Engines, one
- Task Force - Any group of resources
temporarily assembled for a specific mission as specified by
the requesting agency, One Chief Officer.
- Each jurisdiction shall be responsible
to call back off-duty personnel and staff reserve apparatus as
soon as possible for any incident involving mutual aid.
- Mutual aid companies may be utilized by
the requesting jurisdiction at the scene to control the incident,
or staged as an emergency resource near the incident, but should
be released once mop-up operations begin.
- Mutual aid resources are sent directly
to the requesting agency with minimum delay. Immediate need
requests require Code 3 response.
- Apparatus responding under this plan
shall come under the authority and direction of the Incident
Commander of the jurisdiction receiving the aid.
Mutual Aid Units
We offer the following units for mutual
IN WITNESS WHEREOF this agreement has
been executed and approved and is effective and operative as to each
of the parties as herein provided.
Paradise City Fire Department
xx xx 20xx