You can request to become a member by filling out our Membership
Request Form (register online or
print the paper form and mail
it in). You can activate your membership by attending any of our
meetings. All prices are in US Dollars. Note: Memberships and
donations to BayLUG are not tax deductible.
- Subscription to the baylug-members mailing list (and any other
lists, if requested).
- Access to BayLUG Wiki and Forum for planning and socializing
with other members.
- Special interest groups available for Trains
- Laminated name badge
- The opportunity to show your models at our club meetings and
shows, and to sell at our swap meets
All members will receive a laminated name badge. You can pick it
up at your first BayLUG gathering. We will not make your name badge
until we receive your membership payment and an email letting us know
you are planning to attend our next club meeting. The cost of the
badge is included in the membership, but if you want us to mail it to
you, there is an additional $2.00 fee for the costs of postage and the
- Individual Adult: for Adult fans of LEGO
- Individual Minor (under 18): with parent/guardian consent,
children may join the club
- Family Membership: Up to six (6) family members, each reciving
full benefits of membership. Designate one adult as "head of
Fees and Dues
Pay a flat New Member Fee plus dues, pro-rated quarterly for your
first year. Fees depend on the month that you join:
- Jan - Mar: $10 individual / $20 family
- Apr - Jun: $9 individual / $18 family
- Jul - Sep: $8 individual / $16 family
- Oct - Dec: $7 individual / $14 family
- After your first year, pay regular annual dues each January ($5 for
Individual; $10 for Family).
- If your membership is past due by more than a year, you can be
reinstated by paying the maximum dues ($10 for Individual or $20 for
Family) which will cover the previous year and the current year.
- Mailed badge: Include an extra $2.00 if you wish your badge(s)
to be mailed. Otherwise, pick it up at the next meeting.
- Lost badge: There will be a 50¢ charge for the replacement of
a lost name badge (plus $2.00 if you want it mailed to you).
- Cash or check in person at any BayLUG meeting or show
- PayPal: send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a check payable to BayLUG (not any individual's name) to:
PO Box 5543
San Jose, CA 95150-5543
What The Dues Pay For:
- Prizes for our contests at club meetings
- Web/email hosting (domain names, etc.)
- Badge making costs
- Duplication/flyer/handout costs
- Miscellaneous club expenses
You can use our Membership Request Form (register online or print the paper form and mail it in) to
sign up for any level. To pay for your badge and/or membership, you
may bring payment to a club meeting, send it via postal mail, or pay
online: we can take credit cards or any other method of payment via
PayPal at the address paypal at baylug.org. If you
don't want to pay online but promise to pay at the next meeting, we
can try to get your name badge made before the next meeting so you can
pick it up then.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at
(baylug2014 at gmail.com)